THIS IS AN EMERGENCY
Suicide crisis line: 0800 567 567 / SMS 31393
Rape crisis: 021 447 9762
For a comprehensive list of crisis services (suicide to substance abuse to crisis pregnancy) visit http://www.southafrica.info/services/crisishelp.htm#family.
HOW CAN I HELP MY FAMILY
If you are concerned that mental illness is causing your loved one to be
- A danger to him/herself (e.g. suicide)
- A danger to others (e.g. homicide, violence)
- A danger to property (e.g. breaking things)
- A danger to his/her reputation (e.g. doing things that are extremely out of character)
You can take protective steps!
- Call your doctor/GP or take him/her to the emergency room at the hospital
- If you are scared, you can phone the police and ask for an escort
Call me to schedule an appointment ASAP.
For more ideas you can read some suggestions here.