When the carpet is pulled out from under your feet and you don’t know who to call, we’ve got you! For a comprehensive list of resources (from suicide to substance abuse to crisis pregnancy) click here. Or perhaps you are looking for Mental health care for HCW during COVID-19. Regardless, here is your immediate action plan:
Suicide crisis line: 0800 567 567 / SMS 31393
Childline: 08000 55 555
Lifeline: 0861 322 322
Stop gender violence: 0800 150 150
HOW CAN I HELP MY FAMILY
If you are concerned that mental illness is causing your loved one to be
- A danger to him/herself (e.g. suicide)
- A danger to others (e.g. homicide, violence)
- A danger to property (e.g. breaking things)
- A danger to his/her reputation (e.g. doing things that are extremely out of character)
You can take protective steps!
- Call your doctor/GP or take him/her to the emergency room at the hospital
- If you are scared, you can phone the police and ask for an escort
Call me to schedule an appointment ASAP.
For more ideas you can read some suggestions here.
WHEN PSYCHOLOGY COSTS TOO MUCH
If, for some reason you can’t afford individual therapy, don’t let that stop you from reaching out for help:
- There are many free community resources providing mental health care – let me know if you need help connecting with the right organization
- Some practices provides a sliding scale of payments or are open to repayment plans
- There are many apps and online based interventions – read more